The longitudinal ageing study in India (LASI) is designed in partnership between the following national and international institutions.
International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), an autonomous institution/university under the MOHFW, Govt. of India, is the nodal institution for LASI Project implementation.
International Collaborating Institutions
1. Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health (HSPH), USA – lead US collaborating institute for implementing the project activities.
2. University of Southern California (USC), USA – Collaborating Institution for technical support in designing and developing the IT- CAPI tools and programming of LASI survey instrument.
3. University of California, Los Angeles, (UCLA), USA- Collaborating US Institution for technical support on biomarker component of LASI project.
4. University of Washington, USA - Collaborating US Institution for technical support on biomarker component of LASI project.
National Collaborating Institutions
1. Regional Geriatric Centers under NCD division, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India - Collaborating organizations for implementation of Biomarker component of LASI project.
2. National AIDS Research Institute (ICMR-NARI), Pune, collaborating institution for storage and molecular biomarker testing of DBS.
3. Chest Research Foundation (CRF), Pune, collaborating institution for technical support in conducting lung function test using spirometry.